Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Cyberpunk inspired motorcycle

Hi everyone here is a bike I modeled after I saw some concept art and felt inspired to make the bike in the art. I modeled a high and low poly in 3ds max then textured and rendered in substance. Tell me how I did!

heres the concept art

And my model work. 

Replies

• TheGabmeister
    Offline / Send Message
    TheGabmeister interpolator
    You mentioned that you made a high-poly and a low-poly model. The edges on this model look too sharp. Maybe the bevels from the high-poly model did not transfer well enough?

Also, you can improve the quality of the materials. Study other sci-fi bike references online and compare the difference. The blue material on your current work, to my eyes, looks more like colored paper rather than painted metal.
  • Pafford
    I think for the sharp edges I was trying to see if my low poly needed to keep some round edges or needed to be sharp. 

For the material your right. I went with the default painted steel material in substance but wasn’t sure how the concept was intended to appear. 
  • Daniel91
    Offline / Send Message
    Daniel91 triangle
    the concept looks like it might be some kind of anodized brushed metal? hard to tell for sure

im a motorbike nut, so i love it haha
  • Fernando Tejada
    Offline / Send Message
    Fernando Tejada polycounter lvl 6
    Looking the concept art I think the handle bar should go a bit lower and the seat a bit higher, as the girl has her back bended in the pose. The back pad you modelled feels bigger than the concept one. The textures could use more love but it's true that it's hard to guess what was the artist intention in the concept, might be a good idea to find other references that you like. And the tires design looks pretty simple and bland, find some real world examples or any pattern you like and give it a try! It will make a huge difference.
  • Aydhe
    Offline / Send Message
    Aydhe polycounter lvl 5
    I feel like you've messed up proportions quite a bit. pretty much everyhing what Nandx wrote. 

Also i would suggest that you study high poly to lowpoly workflow as currently it looks to me as if you don't have any normals baked. You could also go a lot higher with overal polycount for the entire bike.
    Elements like tires could also be made as separate element as right now they seem to be part of the same hull.