Home Adobe Substance

Uv Islands issue in substance painter, need advice

polycounter lvl 8
Offline / Send Message
Sunarix polycounter lvl 8
hello everyone, quick question! I tried importing one of my assets into substance painter, when imported however, some UV islands seemed to have this dark brownish color to them that doesn't change?

Simply rotating the light didn't change it, just remained that darkish color, i assumed it looked like that because it was the "underside" of the model, but it should have lit up if i would have rotated the light, so i'm a little stumped on what could cause this and what could fix this  -

also tried several things such putting some uv islands next to the 1st 0-1 space as musashidan explained in one of his vids instead of stacking them ontop of eachother etc, but still got the same result.. :neutral: 

Replies

• Dumbanana
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Dumbanana polycounter lvl 11
    Switch to single channel/ base channel in top right drop down menu of your viewport, or press 'C' to cycle through the individual channels, go to base color (Press 'M' for Material to return to lit/ all channels mode) and see if the brown is still there or not.

From a quick glance it just looks like the default lighting environment of Painter 'coloring' the bottom of your prop.
  • Sunarix
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Sunarix polycounter lvl 8
    and that is correct, thank you! for some reason I never had the idea to just export the Texture... lo and behold, nothing wrong with it. /facepalm