Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Critique wanted - Vraska - Magic WiP

null
Offline / Send Message
Birdchii null
This is a fan design I'm making of Vraska from Magic. A lot of things just feel off and ugly. I'm practicing learning anatomy, proportions, and sculpting in general, so any advice or critique would be greatly appreciated! I plan on rigging her after getting actual textures.

Replies

• SeekeroflLight
    Offline / Send Message
    SeekeroflLight polycounter lvl 4
    The things that stand out that I can see using some work regarding anatomical proportions are hands, feet, torso, and hips. The hands seem large and the feet small. Far as the torso and hips have the ratio similar to Barbie.  I think having references would help in communicating the overall look that you are trying to achieve. I had to look up the character from what I'm assuming is from MTG. I think a good way to help in improving anatomy and proportions is if you get a chance to, go for figure drawing with a live nude, being able to sketch it out by hand helps in seeing the landmarks when sculpting. Also, there is a bit of stretching toward the bottom of the dress that can be easily fixed by adding more resolution to that area. Are you working in Zbrush?

Overall I think you are off to a good start.
  • Birdchii
    Offline / Send Message
    Birdchii null
    The things that stand out that I can see using some work regarding anatomical proportions are hands, feet, torso, and hips. The hands seem large and the feet small. Far as the torso and hips have the ratio similar to Barbie.  I think having references would help in communicating the overall look that you are trying to achieve. I had to look up the character from what I'm assuming is from MTG. I think a good way to help in improving anatomy and proportions is if you get a chance to, go for figure drawing with a live nude, being able to sketch it out by hand helps in seeing the landmarks when sculpting. Also, there is a bit of stretching toward the bottom of the dress that can be easily fixed by adding more resolution to that area. Are you working in Zbrush?

Overall I think you are off to a good start.
    Thank you!!!!! I've been thinking the hands were too big for days but everyone including my teach said it was fine, this helps so much hahaha. thank you. Also made more adjustments to the face, feet, hips, and torso like you said and adjusting the overall proportions to match this. I definitely need to practice my anatomy more, and yeah I'm working in Zbrush and Maya. Last pic is the adjustments I made to the body, it's been retypologized and uv'd already so I've just been making changes in Maya before I get it ready to be textured

• Birdchii
    Offline / Send Message
    Birdchii null

another attempt at correcting the proportions/anatomy
  • marco_3D_artist
    Offline / Send Message
    marco_3D_artist polycounter lvl 5
    Birdchii said:

another attempt at correcting the proportions/anatomy
    Good improvements. You just should work more on his feet ;) Keep going ✌✌
  • Birdchii
    Offline / Send Message
    Birdchii null

fixed the feet a bit, gonna add some detail to the nails and then move on to clothes and retypology again
  • Birdchii
    Offline / Send Message
    Birdchii null

finished retypology and uving, messing with textures and clothes design