Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

[WIP] [UE4] Abandoned Examination Room

polycounter lvl 3
Offline / Send Message
Dreyzie polycounter lvl 3
While watching this urban exploration video by The Proper People, the shot of the examination room at (16:57) really caught my attention. I thought it would be a fun challenge to recreate inside UE4. The goal of this project is to sharpen my hard surface, organic modeling, and material creation skills.

Main Reference:

I tried to gather as many reference shots of the room as possible. It's hard to judge scale since they only pop into frame a couple of times, but it seems like the walls and doors are fairly large. The props also required a lot of guesswork. If anyone knows exactly what those pumps are, I would appreciate it. :)

And here's the blockout so far. 

How is the scale? I want to nail that before I move on with the project. All feedback is welcome.

Replies

• Dreyzie
    Offline / Send Message
    Dreyzie polycounter lvl 3
    Hey, long time no see   :o

Just wanted to say this project isn't dead. Life got in the way for the past 2 months, but I'm back at it and I've made some progress. I started adding some materials from Substance Source to get a better sense of how the scene as a whole was coming together. I plan on using vertex painting on the walls to add more damage aside from just using decals. I also finished texturing the exam chair, so I would love some feedback on that.  =)

I feel like the back is a bit too boring and could use some more variation in the colors and grunge. 
  • lpfeffer
    Offline / Send Message
    lpfeffer triangle
    Whoa. That looks fakin awesome! Lighting is spot on! However, i think the dirt on the chair could use some height.