resumes & portfolio to [email protected]
Location: Redmond WA
Contract: 18 months
We're looking for a solid team player with
excellent communication skills who can work with directors, leads, designers,
engineers and of course other artists, but also be self-sufficient and work
independently as required. You will be creative and flexible, able to follow
art direction and technical briefs and most importantly of all be driven to
help us produce the highest quality real-time lighting possible.
- Creation of static and dynamic lighting using our proprietary game
- Adjustment of shading materials and textures to increase the
fidelity of the lighting to enhance the levels visuals and gameplay
- Work with the Senior Technical Lighting Artist, as well as
engineers to help establish and enforce guidelines, standards and budget
for lighting solutions.
- Create and maintain documentation of lighting processes,
pipelines, workflows and technology.
- Help test and verify dynamic and baked lighting techniques and
- Help set up and run tests against offline rendering systems and
real-life lighting references, as well as to verify game content.
- Actively improve skills and knowledge base by keeping up to date
with cutting edge industry trends and technologies and evaluating new
lighting ideas, systems and packages.
of CG lighting technology, both real-time and software rendering.
of lighting theory, color space, photography, exposure, reflection,
occlusion, dynamic range, color correction, post-process, etc.
of physically based materials and workflows, global illumination and light
- Used to
working with the balancing between visual quality and performance
with real-time game engines.
with Scripting languages
with Shader authoring