Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Devil man: inspired by hellboy and sin city

polycounter lvl 7
Offline / Send Message
wenslay polycounter lvl 7
Hello there!
here I want to show you the progress of how I made devil man and how I go to the end result.

I started with an idea of a devil detective in a Film-Noir setting.
So I made a mood board and quickly know what I wanted to do: the style of sin city mixed with Hellboy
like in sin city I wanted to use subtle colors to make those areas pop more
The character would be Brute looking but still a good guy
Here is the mood board:

Then started on my base mesh in zbrush to get the basic features I wanted for the character:

Also made the horns made using the zspheres:

Then I started detailing the face more, and also added sphere for the eye placeholders:

then add the horns to the head and add more detail to them. Also did some extra work on the face, also added the cigarette:

Then I add a jacket by using the mask tool and the extract tool, and also made it's chest wider to give him more of an imposing look:

Then I started to add more details to his face to give it more expression:

Also, I added a neckless for the chain I used the IMM curve brush:

Then I bring all the components together and also starting to tweak the material to get sharper and better fitting look for the render.
I used the gw_max_blinn material and tweak it:

Then it was time to render it and export it to Photoshop.
This was the end result:

I hope you found it interesting to read and thank you for taking the time to look :)
 feedback is  always welcom:smile:

Replies

• jose.fuentes
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    jose.fuentes interpolator
    his nose is really throwing me off, i think the overall proportions could use some work. For example the bottom of the pectoral muscles sit right around the 2 heads height

if youre done with this piece, perhaps mae some time to gather more anatomical references for your next piece