Full time in house 3D Animator
*IN HOUSE ONLY* Within the Midlands/Birmingham Worcestershire Area
Role and Purpose
Flix Interactive are looking for a talented and motivated individual to help develop and deliver high quality character and environment animation for AAA Unreal 4 projects, both for Flix's own proprietary projects and high profile clients.
- Collaborate with the art team to develop fully realised rigs and animations for use in large-scale game world environments and for a variety of organic character and mechanical models.
- Communicate and collaborate with the Art Director & Art Team to deliver animations to suit the specified style and purpose.
- Create and maintain in-engine Animation logic for integration them into existing game systems.
- Work within the specifications of the project and technology, keeping the assets within budget, as well as implementing character LODs and following per project naming conventions.
- 3 years of relevant experience and a good understanding of Unreal Engine 4's animation pipeline
- Demonstrate excellent understanding of motion, character and physical interactions within a game world.
- Professional level of animation production for games using 3D Studio Max or Maya.
- Expert standard of skin weighting and rigging.
- Good understanding of mesh topology deformation.
- Strong understanding skeletal mesh setup within Unreal Engine 4.
- Knowledge of Inverse Kinematics and physical simulation techniques.
- Knowledge of facial rigging and animation.
- Understanding of Motion Capture processes.
Demonstrate the ability to..
- Think critically about the requirements of an animation within technical and production limitations.
- Self motivate and have pride in your work.
- Work and communicate well within a team and studio environment.
- Create high quality animations to be presented within a dynamic game environment.
- Be adaptive and master new tools in the process if required.
- Take critique and guidance from others well.
- Manage your time effectively to create assets in a timely fashion.
Please send through your portfolio including a showreel and cover letter. If your examples are from previous works with another studio, please make sure samples are cleared for release by copyright owners. Links to an online portfolio are preferable, otherwise we accept showreels via Dropbox or other secure sharing platforms.
What We Offer
Based in Bromsgrove just outside Birmingham, Flix offers a friendly and nurturing atmosphere that enables the opportunity to build and secure a career in the games industry. Our team are welcoming, passionate and active gamers as well as dedicated game developers.
If you have the drive and skills for making games and think you have what it takes to work within our team then we’d love to hear from you.
Send your application to – [email protected]
For more information visit our site - www.flixinteractive.com