Home Adobe Substance

please help ,question on baked maps seams

I bake the maps using zbrush multi map exporter, both the noraml map and cavity are having seams at the UV split area, the I try using marmoset and substance painter ,still having the same problem, I am new to bake , please have a look at it and help me out.

Replies

• poopipe
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    poopipe grand marshal polycounter
    Don't bake normals using zbrush,  the results will be incorrect for painter.

You can't tell if a tangent space normal map is correct or not by looking at the colours - only by the result under lighting

Post a picture of the object with a proper material in the Painter viewport with a normal map baked in Painter
  • peterhill123
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I soften all the edges in maya and export FBX low poly ,the I baked in painter, the curvature and normal both have seam at uv island ,is there a solution to this , please help out thanks.
  • poopipe
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    poopipe grand marshal polycounter
    OK,  so I don't see anything wrong with the normals - I would need to see it lit to tell if there's a problem.

Curvature maps often have  artefacts at seams due to the way they are calculated - you could try messing with the bake settings but ultimately it may not be 100%  solvable.
    You will of course be able to paint out any issues with generators that the seam causes.

That said, if you need to view the object this close up then I'd suggest not putting a UV seam there in the first place