Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Art Deco Diorama UE4

CRYSTAL_Ant
polycounter lvl 6
Offline / Send Message
CRYSTAL_Ant polycounter lvl 6
Hello guys,
This is my first showcase here, Iam Anthony Ivanov a french student at IAD 3D Montpellier passionate about Environment Art/ Game Art and It's been a while that I'm reading stuff here but I've never really showed anything 
So I invite you to look my work and I hope you enjoy it  :p
the goal was to make a diorama Art Deco wich is mean something vintage and that match the years 1930's
More stuff are on my artstation if you guys are interested 
if you have any questions let me know 

My artstation here
https://www.artstation.com/artwork/1nXnb3

showcase video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vTbhTmCR1yY

First, I wanted to show you some References I took before I've started

Props - individual render

Replies

• Beton_Brut
    Offline / Send Message
    Beton_Brut polycounter lvl 4
    Beautiful work! I love the subject matter. The half-smoked cigar, pearls, and watch tell the story of a man and a woman meeting meeting for a midnight rendezvous, and hastily casting them off on their way to the bedroom. I'm new to 3D, but a couple things popped out to me. The glasses don't appear to be casting shadows, which gives the impression that they're floating. I'd also like to see a bottle of whatever they are drinking on the table to complete that story. There are good references of whiskey bottles from the 30's on a Google image search.
  • Alex_J
    Offline / Send Message
    Alex_J grand marshal polycounter
    slick, smooth, stylish, sexy.

if i had to make a critique, i guess i might expect to see something more on that mantle piece.

Well done!
  • CRYSTAL_Ant
    Offline / Send Message
    CRYSTAL_Ant polycounter lvl 6
    @Beton_Brut Thank you man I appreciate it, and yes you're exactly right about the story telling nice one :) 
    About more assets I wanted it too but the time was limited my teachers gave me 2months and no more so this was the only thing that I needed to add like botle, scarf, hat and stuffs .

@BIGTIMEMASTER
    Thank a lot much appreciated man :) 
    yes with more additional mesh it should looks better but like I said I was limited with time ^^