[WIP] [UE4] [Environment] Shogun Japanese Style Castle

polycounter lvl 8
Offline / Send Message
CactusFantastico polycounter lvl 8
Hey everyone!

I thought I should make a thread for the progress of my newest scene that is a continuation of the ArtStation Shogun challenge that I never got to finish (or even start really) It is generally based on this awesome concept by Edward Barons

So far this is my progress so far

Please let me know what you guys think, I'm eager for some feedback!

ArtStation Link

Replies

• HixaLupa
    I really like the patterns on the wall! The lighting's great too :)
  • CactusFantastico
    Offline / Send Message
    HixaLupa said:
    I really like the patterns on the wall! The lighting's great too :)
    Thank you! I like to get a good fleshed out blockout first thing so I can try and work on the general lighting nice and early. Sometimes I don't even change it at the end haha I feel it helps motivate me more if it starts looking good as soon as really.
  • CactusFantastico
    Offline / Send Message

Hey Everyone!

So you may have noticed that it's been 2 weeks since my last update and the reason for that is got very sick this week unfortunately. On the plus side I am on the mend now and have got back to work!

Since the last update I have finished the stairs, messed around with the sky some more, as well as work and then rework the stone leading up to the walls. At first I went more for an organised brick layout but when i checked my references I noticed that these kind of castles typically have a more disorganised style to the brick so I went back and redid it. That's what you get for not checking references haha

Speaking of references I finally downloaded pureref so I could organise my references instead of just having folders and I am definitely happy I have done so. Here is a peek at my moodboard

ArtStation Link