Home Unreal Engine

How to make the asset game ready?

polycounter lvl 2
Offline / Send Message
Peppek1993 polycounter lvl 2
Hey guys, so far everything I've done was purely for show and to learn modeling/texturing so I didn't need to import it into any specific game engine etc. and now I'm helping creating assets for a mobile game and I have no clue how to further my workflow.

I have my low poly model, textured it in substance painter and exported my maps so all I have is low poly FBX model and texture maps for it. What next?

How do I import it to ue4? (I've actually tried importing it and it looks fine but I have no idea how to apply my texture maps to it). And when I need to send it over, what do I send? .fbx file and all textures?

Replies

• musashidan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    musashidan high dynamic range
    This is extrmely basic stuff, mate. There are a ton of 'how to import model to UE4' on youtube. Same with importing and applying textures/materials.

If I were you I'd do some research on the basics of UE4 first to familiarise yourself with the UI.

Once you have the basics and can import your static mesh, create a material, apply it to your mesh, and add maps to the material channels, then you can look into LODs and channel packing.
  • Taylor Brown
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Taylor Brown ngon master
    Read over the UE4 documentation. It's all laid out very clearly.