Home Unreal Engine

UDK / Is there a way to store all data info in the lightmap texture? (No NormalizedAverageColor, etc

polycounter lvl 3
Offline / Send Message
keku645 polycounter lvl 3
Hi! I'm wondering if there's a way to store all data info in the same lightmap texture instead of being splitted in different textures such as NormalizedAverageColor, ShadowMap, etc. Maybe by editing few lines in the config files?

I do this question because I'm moving the lightmaps to an older version of UDK with no lightmass so i can  achieve GI.

As an example I can tell Mirror's Edge did this:

Replies

• Obscura
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Obscura grand marshal polycounter
    I doubt, especially because lightmaps are already rgb textures with information in all of the channels. Also, I'm really not sure why are you using UDK, and why are you trying to move to an even older version.
  • keku645
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    keku645 polycounter lvl 3
    Obscura said:
    I doubt, especially because lightmaps are already rgb textures with information in all of the channels. Also, I'm really not sure why are you using UDK, and why are you trying to move to an even older version.
    Mirror's Edge modding related, ME did use an external Baked lighting tool called Beast (same as Enlighten) once modders found out the editor they noticed there was no way to get the same lighting as the original game because the UDK version was the 2008 one, the only way to get is by importing the lightmap textures from outsite.

Recently i discovered that there's no need to create a material to the lightmaps but just replacing them directly.

Assets with old lighting before replacing the lightmap texture directly and their lightmap textures:

After this method: