Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Treasure Chest Model - Need Feedback

I'm a beginner 3d animation student looking for feedback. This is a screenshot of the reference image and the start of my model. How should I continue with this model; any changes you suggest?

Replies

• kwagner
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    kwagner polycounter lvl 5
    It's a good start! Are you going for low poly? I would at least add one more loop at the very top of the lid where it's flat there.

I would rework the overall silhouette of the chest. I know the concept is a little skewed in its perspective, but it looks to me a little more cartoon-y where the bottom of the chest is smaller and the sides are angled out, if that makes sense.
  • gabriellabalgna
    Yes, I am trying to do low poly. I will add another loop and fix the silhouette. Thank you for your help!
  • Ashervisalis
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ashervisalis grand marshal polycounter
    Hey Gabriella, good luck with your studies! The metal edges on your chest (yellow) shouldn't be made of one mesh, they should be made of several pieces, just like if you were building this chest in real life. Looks like this chest should have over 20 separate pieces when you're done. Make sure to pay attention to the silhouette to achieve all the pieces sticking out (blue) to make it a more interesting shape.

• gabriellabalgna
    @Ashervisalis Okay, interesting, I did not know about that. Thank you for your feedback!