Home Adobe Substance

Help with baking in Substance

Offline / Send Message
Pinned
First of all, I'm new to the community, so hello!

I'm a beginner to 3D modeling and I'm having some problems with substance painter. Here's the thing: I had a normal map, an AO map and a curvature map, all of them baked in marmoset, so I put them in my painter file, baked the rest of the maps and everything looked more than fine. But I kept having a lot of problems messing around with materials and smart materials: some of them wouldn't work, some of them wouldn't even show on the object and some smart materials wouldn't show the "wear and tear". So I made a second bake, and this time I left the normal, AO and curve maps checked to see if that was the problem (again, a beginner, this is the first time I ever use this program). Terrible mistake, I had the same problem with the materials and now the object looked really low poly and just...bad. And I keep adding the same maps I originally baked in marmoset but it looks the same. Do any of you know where could i have messed up? Thanks in advance!

PS: I don't know if this'll help, but I work in a laptop, and not a very good one.

Replies