Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Yet anoter AKM model to the infinite pile. A must for every 3D weapon artist !

ordanicu
node
Offline / Send Message
ordanicu node
A fun and challenging project, the AKM was modeled (to a certain point) following the "Ultimate Weapon Tutorial" by Tim Bergholz. 
Seeing the weapons from Metro Exodus inspired me to take it one step further. I tried my best to replicate the real AK and it's functionality. All in all, it was a great learning experience. I have more renders on my artstation profile but I am not sure if it is allowed to post it (since the previous post dissapeared  right after editing it. It might've been taken off so i don't know). Cheers !

Replies

• PeterK
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    PeterK greentooth
    You know, I've never seen an artists go inside one; That's pretty smart. Thanks for sharing!
  • Zi0
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Zi0 polycounter
    The weapon could use some more weathering, dirt and scratches etc. Damage on the wood would look cool as well.
  • Alex_J
    Options
    Online / Send Message
    Alex_J grand marshal polycounter
    Looks pretty cool. Field stripping it is a nice touch. Just a matter of opinion but I disagree that the weapon needs more weathering/wear. Every weapon you see on artstation is beaten to hell. It's unrealistic and, well i just feel like with art you should do something different than what other people are doing.

Now that's just a pet peeve. Here is a few small flaws I think are more technical in nature :

barrel roughness pattern is a bit too uniform.

magazine angled slant is too hard/crsip.

normal pattern on wood seems misaligned to the wood grain. Also looks like generic pattern. Too uniform.