Home Adobe Substance

Substance Painter Texture Baking Projection Stains

Offline / Send Message
Pinned
Hi! I'm super new to Substance Painter and baking and pretty much 3D Modelling in general. Yesterday it took me a whole day trying to figure out how to bake from high poly to low model. I finally figured that out but am getting these annoying stains on my mesh after baking. I'm calling them projection stains but not really sure what to refer to this was making it pretty difficult to search the internet for a solution and that's why I've decided to ask here. Can anyone help me please? Here are some screenshots of the stains;

http://prntscr.com/mle841
http://prntscr.com/mle8em
http://prntscr.com/mle8m5

Replies

• Szone
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hi. I am new too. Wished i could help you too but i cant.I was directed to this forum from other forum for info and solution on softwares like substance. at least theres always a prompt reply to my question over there. Here, regrettably I aint getting any reply for few days now and in your case almost a week? I wonder whats going on here.
  • Udjani
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Udjani interpolator
    Many things could be wrong here, in which software did you model it? if it was maya or 3ds max you will need to check the ''compute tangent space per fragment''. Could be also a projection distance problem, try to increase a bit the frontal and rear distance.
  • rejxil
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Udjani said:
    Many things could be wrong here, in which software did you model it? if it was maya or 3ds max you will need to check the ''compute tangent space per fragment''. Could be also a projection distance problem, try to increase a bit the frontal and rear distance.
    I used Autodesk Maya. Thankyou for your replies!
  • rejxil
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Udjani said:
    Am currently trying what you suggested with the frontal and rear distances.
  • poopipe
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    poopipe grand marshal polycounter
    Szone said:
    Hi. I am new too. Wished i could help you too but i cant.I was directed to this forum from other forum for info and solution on softwares like substance. at least theres always a prompt reply to my question over there. Here, regrettably I aint getting any reply for few days now and in your case almost a week? I wonder whats going on here.

I will explain

This sort of question pops up here daily - those of us that know the answer have already answered it many times in other threads and are tired of repeating the same information.
     Ten minutes with the search tool before posting will almost certainly reveal the answer.

Its not your fault,  you don't know its already been answered, but that's why