Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Sloan, Old Cyborg Officer [WIP]

polycounter lvl 10
Offline / Send Message
Vital-ire polycounter lvl 10

Hello there, Here's a project I've had laying around for a while, I wanna pull this back out and rework some parts of it and then finish it. Though I have other projects I'm working on at the moment so It'll be a little while longer before then. However I felt I should post for input or critique anyway. 

I'm thinking of reworking the arm and hand to be more mannequin like, and adding some other supporting assets like a saber. I would like to get some new break ups in the design as well. 
I'm open to feedback, but be aware some of his design is subject to change in the future. 

Replies

• Dolleater
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Dolleater polycounter lvl 9
    Hey you are really off to a nice start! I do really like his face, reminds me a bit of Dr Strange. :) I took the liberty to do a quick paint-over for some feedback. 

First feedback: the arm is really boxy from the front, compaired to the really curvy sideview and looks a little out of place.
    I did a quick liquify to give some ideas on how to break up that boxy feel.

Second feedback would be to give his lower legs some more volume for the same reason. 
    Also I lenghten his robot arm to match his other arm.

Hope you find this feedback useful and hope to see more of this character. :)

• Vital-ire
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Vital-ire polycounter lvl 10
    Dolleater said:
    Hey you are really off to a nice start! I do really like his face, reminds me a bit of Dr Strange. :) I took the liberty to do a quick paint-over for some feedback. 

First feedback: the arm is really boxy from the front, compaired to the really curvy sideview and looks a little out of place.
    I did a quick liquify to give some ideas on how to break up that boxy feel.

Second feedback would be to give his lower legs some more volume for the same reason. 
    Also I lenghten his robot arm to match his other arm.

Hope you find this feedback useful and hope to see more of this character. :)

Thanks for the input I'll try to push those forms more, and to be honest I didn't even notice that the robot arm was even off length wise, I must have not corrected it after making it.