Home Animation Showcase & Critiques

Fight

Gewarzed
null
Offline / Send Message
Gewarzed null
Hi everyone, 

How's your day going ? I would love you to take a look at this shot that I've made and give me some feedback on it. 
Do you think it's good enough to be in my demo and apply for a Junior 3D Animator job ?

And I take every critique that can improve this shot !

Thanks for your time

https://syncsketch.com/sketch/81da8c50a6de/

EDIT : Sorry, wrong link :p

Replies

• tholmes3d
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    tholmes3d polycounter lvl 11
    I left a bunch of notes. There's a lot of awesome stuff here but since you want critique I'll focus on the stuff that can improve. Other than the funky timing in places which somebody else already addressed, the biggest thing I would say you can fix is to make sure it's not clear that this came heavily from reference. I'm making an assumption here but I feel pretty confident about it. The fact that I'm thinking about your reference means I'm not thinking about your animation, and if I were looking at this on a reel it could make me guess whether you can do what's right for the work or are you too beholden to the reference. It's clear you can animate decently well, now just make sure there are no questions about whether you can be independent and won't need much guidance on the job. I'm really looking forward to seeing an update to this as it's a really cool piece. Good luck!

P.s. I just noticed I didn't think about the camera once. Good job!
  • cuLiref
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    The stuffs looks so cool. Especially the fluidity of the animation. Only thing I noticed was that the punches and kicks did not have weight on them. It feels like mild touches rather than serious punches. 

Nice  work
  • Gewarzed
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Gewarzed null
    Hi guys,

Thank you so much for these incredible advice. 
    Yes I apologize that I didn't pointed it out but yes this animation come heavily from a reference. And this is my problem right now, I stick to much to references and I really struggle to see what is really needed to make my animations better & clearer. Being mostly self-educated in term of animation, my lack of knowledge makes me feel I stagnate ! 
    That's why I thank you so much again for your feedback, this is precious material for me.
    Alright I'll try to fix these points and I'll post the upgraded version when it's done ! 

Have a nice day & thanks for your time ;)