Home Quixel Megascans

Answered: A few features I think Quixel Mixer needs...

so far, it's pretty good. It's well on it's way to being an amazing AMAZING program... 

ok, so for utilities: 
- on the bottom it needs to GET CPU and RAM etc usage and be green if it's in the safe zone, and then turn yellow and red when you're using too much. maybe you have too many programs open or something. basically, let us know how we're doing on the computer without having to open task manager. 
- mouse wheel doesn't do anything when rolling it over the layer sliders on the far right, so why not let it move the thing up and down? 
- keyboard shortcut for fine control and finer control? maybe Shift is fine control and CTRL + Shift is super fine control, and have that work on sliders, drag and dropping etc? 
- be able to highlight edges of a layer to see where it is on the composite, edges being the parts that are peaking through the threshold. 
- be able to click on a layer in the layer tab, then it be selected in the viewport and be able to drag it to change the offset instead of just having an x and y slider on the right side. I think that would be pretty neat. also, there should be a thing that alerts you (WITHOUT needing to click ok or anything, just an indicator) that you're dragging a layer around on the mesh. 
- drag and drop whole textures packs from other places like polliigon or substance or homemade images into the thing. 
- be able to shrink but not tile specific layers? (maybe hide it in advanced tools) 

EDIT: 
- everything that has a keyboard shortcut needs a right click option and an option on the File/edit/layer/library menu bar. 
- need to be able to duplicate layers 
- need to be able to import an image and be able to turn it into a layer mask.
- need to be able to take a layer mask and turn it into anything else, like a displacement or something. 

Replies

• Synaesthesia
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Synaesthesia polycounter
    Thanks for the suggestions! Our developers will certainly take them under advisement as we continue improving the toolset. Cheers!
  • AlexanderLawrence
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    AlexanderLawrence polycounter lvl 16
    "drag and drop whole textures packs from other places like polliigon or substance or homemade images into the thing" This, for sure. To be honest, I just downloaded the program and haven't tried importing my own assets yet, but if I can't do that, I'll be sorely disappointed.
  • pixelpatron
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    pixelpatron polycounter
    Nice to haves:

Group layers into a folder (I'd like to be able to group all my decals).
    Decal mover (instead of using the x/y -  a move tool that allows me to drag the decal across the tile (hold key for rotate).
    Holding "shift" locks tile to 45's and 90's (similar to zbrush).
    Hovering mouse cursor over a layer name will pop-up the full layer name (length gets cut off easily). 
    In painting displacement view port eyedropper for height. (so you could easily match height, instead of input of numerical value).
    When changing opacity numerical values manually (on a decal)....if you type "." first instead of "0.15" the value will not update (bug?)
    Ability to see your material on default primitives - sphere/cylinder.
    Ability to load custom brushes for paint options. (Weird cause I see different brushes on tutorial vids).
    Use of "[" and "]" to scale brush (photoshop keys) 
    Export presets for Unity/Unreal/Marmoset...etc.
    Lasso tool and linear lasso tool + marching ants fill options for painting
    Right click layer contextual options:
    • go to original mix in library/online "view online"
    • in "clear mask, copy mask right click options" new option "add/subtract clipboard mask" (would allow you to copy mask from multiple layers on your stack and combine/Boolean your mask)
    LOVE this program so far.