Home Adobe Substance

Painter UV Projection Transform Gizmo suggestion

grand marshal polycounter
Offline / Send Message
Alex_J grand marshal polycounter
I love the new projection transform gizmo, but if you scale down your image a lot and make a lot of adjustments, the gizmo can end up pretty far away which makes getting minute adjustments a problem. Then I have to go back to the properties panel and adjust numerically, which is fine but does take a lot more fiddling than it would if we could move the transform gizmo independent for repositioning. This is a small quality of life issue but I am facing it most of the time while using the tool.

Another compounding issue is that when you have scaled down a lot for the sake of a tileable texture, the offset sliders become hyper sensitive. So getting things to line up neatly can be quite annoying. One possible solution would be a pixel nudge like photoshops arrow keys.

Replies

• Jerc
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jerc interpolator
    Why don't you move the transfo gizmo up to the center where your pattern is visible?
  • Alex_J
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Alex_J grand marshal polycounter
    ah, I see what you mean. Scale it down but then just drag it back up, then make little adjustments. That does help, but still it would be faster and easier to be able to either unlock the gizmo for repositioning (similar to zbrushes gizmo in which holding alt allows independent movement) and/or use nudge keys for small adjustments. Especially so if the image is not tiling and we are trying to work with just a specific portion of it.

Thanks for reading