Home Unreal Engine

Incorrect lighting on multiple small objects

polygon
Offline / Send Message
Nick_Medukha polygon
Hey everyone! I am new to the UE4.
So I have modelled a medicine bottle and a pill, both use their own textures, then stuffed a bunch of pills in bottle, turned it 90 deg. so the bottle is laying down and used blender's physics to spill the pills out.

Here are the  materials:

I partly understand why I get this error message and this result:

It's because I have a texture for a single pill, but in this mesh I have joined like 100 pills.
But whats now? Should I add manually add pills one by one in UE, or there is any other solution?

Thanks in advance?

Replies

• Obscura
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Obscura grand marshal polycounter
    Please check out how lightmaps works in unreal, and what are the requirements for it. The console says you have more than 50% overlapping uvs on the lightmap uv channel. The lightmap uv channel needs to be uniquely laid out, so no overlappings are allowed (because otherwise the lighting information would bake on top of each other uvs).
  • Nick_Medukha
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Nick_Medukha polygon
    yeah, i understand that in this scenario theres is like hundreds of overlappings because those pills are joined, and every sinle pill UV is in the same position, so they actually are overlapping. I am asking about a best solution for solving this problem.. I hope there is something less time consuming rather then laying down those pills one by one in editor
  • Nick_Medukha
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Nick_Medukha polygon
    Ah, seems like I had double geometry on pills, "remove doubles" command solved my issue :)
  • Obscura
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Obscura grand marshal polycounter
    There is an automatic packing solution in every modeling app. Unreal can also make you one automatically. You just need to enable "generate lightmap uv" in the static mesh settings.