Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Stylized Female Torso

polycounter lvl 4
Offline / Send Message
Pinned
ChrisTheArtist polycounter lvl 4
So I found this really good tutorial for stylized sculpting and this is the fruit of my laber. Tell me what you guys think on how I should fix it up

Replies

• bkost
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    bkost interpolator
    It's critical to understand the foundation to any sort of 'character' modelling before stemming off into unique styling (LoL and Overwatch are great examples). So with that in mind, if you wish to create stylized characters learn ideal anatomy and proportions first. Once you have a grasp on this, then you may continue to take some creative liberties and add your own style. 

I recommend picking up the 'Anatomy For Sculptors' book or pdf online and focus on proportions and the skeletal and muscular systems. Right now your anatomy is totally off. Another thing I often see with new zbrush users is rushing into details. For most of your sculpt you should be working in a very low resolution to nail down the primary forms. I'd say don't even think about the tertiary forms or even secondary forms for now. Just focus on the proportions and primary forms while working in a low resolution. 

Also, always keep reference handy. I recommend 'Anatomy for Sculptors' 'Ten24's Scan Store' and 'imaginefx-how-to-draw-paint-anatomy-how-to-draw-paint-anatomy vol 1 and 2'
  • ChrisTheArtist
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks overtime I got better with the anatomy and and I'm working on the primary forms now 
  • Brian "Panda" Choi
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Brian "Panda" Choi high dynamic range
    Breasts don't attach to the body like that.  They're more like hanging sand bags if you've ever felt them.
  • apollo580
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    apollo580 polycounter lvl 9
    I would suggest focusing on fundamentals just as proportions before jumping into a stylized look. Once you have the basics down packed its a lot easier to exaggerate proportions properly. Check out the Loomis books with reference to proportions and try and match those; also Anatomy for Sculptors like @bkost mentioned. Good luck!

• Domslice
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Domslice polycounter lvl 8
    Can't add too much to what's already been said about fundamentals/anatomy. Are there specific areas of critique that would be helpful apart from the obvious anatomical issues? Are you working from reference?
  • ChrisTheArtist
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    No I was Following a tutorial from online
  • Brian "Panda" Choi
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Brian "Panda" Choi high dynamic range
    Which tutorial?
  • ChrisTheArtist
    Options