Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Bestiart's improvements diary

polycounter lvl 5
Offline / Send Message
BestiART polycounter lvl 5
Hey guys! thanks to the idea of @bkost i started this thread to post everything i do during my path as aspirant 3D character artist.

I started this 2019 with different goals set, one of them is to have a deeper knowledge about anatomy and for this reason i'm doing the scott eaton anatomy class. 

P.S had some troubles with the pics i posted, tomorrow i will post them again!

Replies

• BestiART
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    3 bodies type, 2 adults (one with a bit more fat and one with more muscles definition) and one kid (10-13 years old).

• bkost
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    bkost interpolator
    Hey @BestiART the front torso is looking pretty good! I'd love to see the connections of the limbs to the torso. And also a view of the back. The child's skull shape looks more like an adult. Keep an eye out on that, I believe @carvuliero linked some great reference in your other thread. Cheers

• BestiART
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    bkost said:
    Hey @BestiART the front torso is looking pretty good! I'd love to see the connections of the limbs to the torso. And also a view of the back. The child's skull shape looks more like an adult. Keep an eye out on that, I believe @carvuliero linked some great reference in your other thread. Cheers

Thanks bkost! basically i was focusing on the front part of the torso.. now i will start working on the back :)

I will also check the child proportions again, thanks! :)
  • BestiART
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    during my free time i kept going with the anatomy studies, need to work on the forearms but i will try to add the hands to make things easier.
    Next things to add:
    -Legs and feet
    -Hands

• bkost
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    bkost interpolator
    Hey @BestiART the studies are coming along pretty well! Two critiques i have concerning the back muscles. 
    Make sure the trapezius muscles connect down all the way to the 12th thoracic vertebrae (the last rib). Right now it is way too short.
    And also check out your tricep muscle (it's a little small, compare common tendon to tricep head proportions), the long head connects to the scapula and the posterior deltoid wraps over it
    Cheers

• BestiART
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    @bkost
     thanks man i will work on your feedbacks :)
  • BestiART
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Finished the scott eaton course and i was thinking to start a new character from Marko Djurdjevic, here it is:

I already started it 2 weeks ago and for now i'm focusing on the body:

here is the face for now:

and these are my references:

• BestiART
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Some updates... made some changes on anatomy and started to make some clothes in marvelous:

i feel like i should work more on the face and improve the hands so after i blockout the basics for the clothes i will keep working on that! Here is the marvelous part:

• bkost
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    bkost interpolator
    Nice progress so far man. I'm excited to see how the costume turns out. Anatomy is looking pretty good esp. the face! Check out your back planes, right now it looks too flat. She's missing a bit of her scapula bone to spine plane change
  • BestiART
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    @bkost
    thanks man i will check it out! :)