Home Technical Talk

Changing scale of a tilable texture map?

obloquy
polycounter lvl 5
Offline / Send Message
obloquy polycounter lvl 5
Hey, just a quick question.  I wanted to make a string vest (pic1) out of an existing vest created in marvelous.  I'm using a tilable string vest pattern (pic2) as a texture map over the model with mask by intensity to create the cut out pattern as a guide for me to retopo in maya. 

I wanted to know if theres a way to change the scale of the texture within zbrush as the cut outs are too big? (pic2)  The tilable seems to be a fixed size regardless of any photoshop resizing etc..  I cant use the texture as a drag alpha either as I get bad stretching on the sides....

Any help?

Replies

• Alex_J
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Alex_J grand marshal polycounter
    I don't know of a way to tile like that in zbrush. Doesn't mean it doesn't exist, I just never seen it. 

You could tile it in photoshop, or substance painter would be easiest as you can see it update in realtime, then shoot it back to zbrush and continue.

and you could tile it in zbrush manually by stenciling the image onto a plane, duplicating and tiling, and then exporting a screengrab.... a bit unusual but if zbrush is your only tool you could do this.
  • onionhead_o
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    onionhead_o polycounter lvl 16
    use noisemaker > click Alpha on/off > use the texture you have> adjust alpha scale> turn off noise scale.
  • obloquy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    obloquy polycounter lvl 5
    I don't know of a way to tile like that in zbrush. Doesn't mean it doesn't exist, I just never seen it. 

You could tile it in photoshop, or substance painter would be easiest as you can see it update in realtime, then shoot it back to zbrush and continue.

and you could tile it in zbrush manually by stenciling the image onto a plane, duplicating and tiling, and then exporting a screengrab.... a bit unusual but if zbrush is your only tool you could do this.
    Thanks Bigtime master, I forgot about just using substance as a guide for the retopo! Many thanks