Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

[WIP] "Memories hurt" Dark interior

polygon
Offline / Send Message
Nick_Medukha polygon
Hey everyone! Started my second relatively large project to build a decent Prop/Environment artist portfolio. Thanks to fellow polycounters who advice me to make more "storytelling" scenes, not just standalone props.

The Story
I will keep it short. Some may find it cheesy, but thats how I feel it.
So imagine mid 90s. After a car accident 4 years ago, life of John went straight down to hell. He lived a dream with his beloved wife, and after that tragic Saturday he just can't find he's place. He's room is full of dirt, dust, he refuses to go out, eats only delivery fastfood, he started to drink, it didn't help. He smokes 2 packs a day, it doesnt help. He started heroin just to pass out and sleep a few hours. Every day he starts with a letter to her in his diary, he have a bunch of old photos on his table like if she would be here,  with him and saved him from this nightmare.

English is not my native, but I did my best to deliver that atmosphere of a true nightmare.

The Technical Part
Blender Eevee, SP, SD and photoshop:
List of models and deadlines:
January:
Ceiling, Floor, Walls, Window, Radiator, Table, Chair, Closet, Bed.
February:
Bedside table, Photo frame x2, Photos x6, Desk lamp, Diary, Pen, Old tea cup, Syringe, Cigarette, Cigarette pack (smashed), Pizza box, Ashtray, Maybe some misc garbage

Goal
Get used to realtime engine, solve some lighting mysteries, make an awesome atmospheric scene

So here is what I have for the moment:

Replies