Home Unreal Engine

how do I creating a certain pattern with bumps and get it into Unreal

pixelslasher
polycounter lvl 5
Offline / Send Message
pixelslasher polycounter lvl 5
Hey everyone,

I´m working with an artist that want a specific pattern on a wall in Unreal Engine. I would like to know if you have any ideas or how you would do make it. This is a similar pattern to that I try to do.

The artist explained that he wants the middle part (the circles) higher up than the rest, creating "bumps".  
Like this: 

I have tried creating a displacement map where the bumps are, but fitting them together with the "base texture" is difficult, as it is a tile. And when importing it into Unreal, it gets crazy difficult. I also tried normal maps but that is not really getting that hig elevation of the area in the middle.

I tried creating a vector displacement brush in Zbrush and create the pattern directly on the wall I want the pattern on, but then I have to fit the pattern texture inside Unreal later and it is too hard and troublesome to do.

So...my question is...how would you create a wall texture like that? 

I must tell you that I haven´t either Maya or 3ds max. The archtectural objects i´m working with comes from Rhino and I had to convert them into fbx before getting them into Unreal. 

I´m lacking knowledge in some areas, but I try to learn , so if you could help me out I would be more than happy. I´m desperate! 

Thanks.

Replies