Home Technical Talk

Zbrush curves and smoothness ?

Digipyro
polycounter lvl 7
Offline / Send Message
Digipyro polycounter lvl 7
Hey guys, it's been a while that I've posted but i recently started a new project picking up Zbrush again. 
I ran into a few small problems and where I accepted them before I would really like to fix them now. 
My main problem is how to get smooth/clean curves ? Whenever I'm in Zbrush and sculp/modify on my basemesh I seem to get these ugly and weird curves ( see example 1), The tools that I mostly use are: Trim dynamic, Smooth ( the normal one) pinch, move and clay build up.

the second problem i'm running into is, I get jagged edges. I made a basemesh and converted this into a dynamesh. Played around with the resolution and I understand that in Zbrush you can go nuts on voxels. Unfortunatelly there's always a limit and in a previous project I ended up with 12 + mil making my system rather....slow. How would I fix this ? If i increase the resolution to end up with 40k voxels I might end up with a very high total amount for just the weapon and then i still have to do a whole character.  What would be normal for a weapon ? how would people go about this ?

**Edit** Sorry, i just checked and my old project was 56,615 mil . moving and editing wasn't the problem here but re-topologizing seemed impossible, posing it and merging parts were the main issues. So what would be a normal amount for a detailed weapon I.E and a character. 

Replies