Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

How bad is this models?

Replies

• Zi0
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Zi0 polycounter
    I like that your models are animated but my feedback would be that the meshes have very basic shapes. They are not bad but very basic. The texture quality could be improved as well. For your next projects try to model something more ambitious and you will end up with a nice portfolio piece :smile:
  • Polyboi
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Polyboi node
    Thank you for feedback @Zi0 , could you give an example of what you mean by complex shapes? Is it more smaller details on the surface of the meshes? I have tried to exercise working with a bit tricky non linear shapes on visor, but i guess it's different.
  • Lucospade
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Lucospade polycounter lvl 3
    They aren't bad at all. Technically very competent actually. You could work on cleaning up your topology and being tidier with your UVs (It looks like you have just auto wrapped the cabinet and called it a day).

Your maps all seem reasonably clean, but for some reason your AO map isn't being used properly. I can see that you've baked one out, but its noticably absent from the final product.
  • Alex_J
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Alex_J grand marshal polycounter
    Could be better, could be a lot worse. 

The topology can be cleaned up. For hard surface that won't deform you can delete or weld off any edge that isn't holding shape. So if you have a plane with three perpendicular lines, you can delete the middle one, right? 

I didn't look at the UV's and textures. Cool work going the extra mile with the animations. 

To go a step further, add some more complexity to the night vision goggles by adding in protruding lens and other little buttons and doo-dads. Still working with basic shapes, but it will be more of a challenge and allow you to build on what you know and learn some new concepts.