Home Technical Talk

Nvidia GAN face "generator" when ready to download?

Jonathan85
polycounter lvl 9
Offline / Send Message
Jonathan85 polycounter lvl 9
Hello, i think you all already know about the "Nvidia GAN AI machine learning powered face generator" that is a program that analyzed like tens of thousands of photographs of real people and is now able to "make" a realistic face of a purely fictional human that never existed.
I read that this "program" (or only source code or whatever (?) ) will be available to download somewhere in january 2018...

My questions are:
1) Is it already available? If not when and where it will be?
2) Will it be freely available to download for practially anyone? Or will you have to pay or be a part of some (research) insitutions or other to be able to download it...?
3) Will be it ready to download as a more or less functioning program where you click buttons and purely fictioaly yet photorealistic faces will be generated? Or will it be only source code  or somthing like that, intended only for programmers etc.?
4) What will be the size download...? Will it be like tens of gigabytes (since it learned from tens of thoungs of photos) or somthing in the size that everyone can download? (like only few GB?)

Thank you

I would like to get my dirty not-that-skillful hands on it and test it for CGI purposes :-)

Replies