Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Anatomy Study (Male Nudity)

Hey all, I'm trying to get a better understanding of anatomy for my characters, so I'm working on this anatomy study. I've been following Raf Grasetti's sculpting process, and using anatomy for sculptors as a reference. The other pic I have is the 3d scan ref I use in Zbrush. Feedback is welcome!

Thanks!

Replies

• Alex_J
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Alex_J grand marshal polycounter
    One thing that I think will help alleviate some of the errors is to not try to simply copy what you see but to instead eschew the reference for the time being by only using it as a rough guide to help you study and understand how the body is formed. What are the muscles form and function, where are key landmarks to help ensure realistic proportions, and so on. 

Studying real life reference is, IMO, the absolute fastest way to understand. Assuming you are s human, you've got a great reference anywhere you go. So keep that in mind as well.

As to the sculpt, consider dropping down to a subd level in which we can still see a little faceting and put more focus on nailing proportion and correct volumes of the muscles. Right now you are very play-doh-ey still and look like you've misinterpreted some areas, like the upper back and abdomen.
  • armorias
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Sounds good, thanks for the feedback! I'll drop down the subd level and work on the form some more.