Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

[WIP] wizard Niky (likeness+clothes exercise)

polycounter lvl 5
Offline / Send Message
BestiART polycounter lvl 5
Hi guys!

I'm making a new project about my gilfriend when she was a kid :smiley: i thought to make her like a wizard with only focusing on the character  first but also a bit on the environment.

For now i'm trying to get the likeness, it's like the 2nd time after a while and ye.. is not easy. I would really love to receive some feedbacks/tips about her.

I will post some of the references i have:

FACE (focusing on her face for now, hands and foot later):

Already made some of the clothes too, i just imported them in zbrush from marvelous, still so much work to do :)

Thanks guys, have a good day :)

Replies

• bkost
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    bkost interpolator
    Hi @BestiART I appreciate your bravery for tackling a child's face. There are such subtle plane changes and differences in skull size/proportions that it's difficult to nail down. I recommend gathering references of a child's skull and compare it to a grown adult. And references for the clothing that inspires you and post it up so we may get a feel for what you're wanting to reproduce. The frontal bone on the face looks a little too tall. Keep pushing your clothes, it's a good start
  • carvuliero
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    carvuliero hero character
    That's one challenging project with such type of references , if you know her age you could substitute with girls similar age to create a general head of this age then you could match that generic head to the little references you have of her
    Maybe you could use some of Loomis wisdom below and from second image you could probably use her eyes and ears
    I suggest to ignore features for a while and focus on overall shape of the head -> cranium forehead brow jaw + baby fat [pro tip widest point of the head in front view is always on/or above the brow line ->parietal eminence ]

• BestiART
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    BestiART polycounter lvl 5
    @bkost
    @carvuliero
    Thank you so much guys, feedbacks like yours are gold!!
    I will focus on kid proportions! :)
    Her age should be 11-12