Home Marmoset

Can Marmoset bake a World Space Normal map?

ijac
null
Offline / Send Message
ijac null
Can Marmoset bake a World Space Normal map?  I don't see it listed as an option.

Replies

• EarthQuake
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Yeah, what you're looking for here is Normals (Object).
  • MDiamond
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MDiamond polycounter lvl 10
    While in the subject, Substance Designer allows baking of World Space Direction map, with option to feed a World Space Normal texture, which then outputs a normal map. I use it in workflows that involve simulated cloth meshes and would love to know if its possible to have a similar approach.
  • EarthQuake
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MDiamond said:
    While in the subject, Substance Designer allows baking of World Space Direction map, with option to feed a World Space Normal texture, which then outputs a normal map. I use it in workflows that involve simulated cloth meshes and would love to know if its possible to have a similar approach.
    Interesting, do you have a link to any resources that cover this workflow?
  • MDiamond
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MDiamond polycounter lvl 10
    Interesting, do you have a link to any resources that cover this workflow?

Sure, by yours truly.

I like this worklow for things like folded cloth as any other baking approach would give projection errors where big fold meet and dealing with cages would be a nightmare. 

The amount of steps can be tricky to memorize and it gets tedious with elaborate meshes with many parts, but I made a HDA in Houdini to reduce the process to a few clicks( and option to support Low Polys from ZRemesher for cases when having the topology follow the folds yields better results).