Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

UE4 - Project: Star Bounty

Replies

• Clarencezer
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Clarencezer polycounter lvl 2
    CurtisRb said:
    Just want to say this project is really cool, I am loving the environmental models, Your use of nodes is great, I am just getting into nodes, I am one of those last persons to the show, like I didn't start watching Friends until the series was in it's last year.
    Anyway, thanks for the  previews, you have given me some ideas on how to improve my environments...
    ~Ralph

Thank you for taking a look at the project and I am very glad you have found some ideas through this to help your environments!
  • Clarencezer
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Level03D - Restless

With the recent submission of Gold state, I've decided to take a break for a few days and did a few things on Sunday evening and today morning.

Below were the set of trees I made for a group but decided to utilize the resources in my game as well.

The tree set that is 3800 tris each (Yep, I SHOULD DEFINITELY SHRINK THIS DOWN), I have built it in a way that strands off singularly, allowing me to construct quick prefabs to duplicate around.

Even in the scene, you can select the singular meshes inside the blueprint to move around, it will only affect the instance you've placed too unless you edit the main blueprint itself to affect all the meshes, I believe.

This is the asset on it's own and as a prefab.

You too can create a Prefab, select your desired meshes you wish to have combined, click on blueprints and select Convert Selected Components to Blueprint Class.

After that select a place you wish to save the Blueprint and name it.

Now you can drag and drop the Blueprint into the scene without having to move or select each mesh. I've used this method on my skull and you can utilize this technique on a variety of things, it will probably benefit more on certain props as well and can be used to a much more powerful degree!

The ability to quickly construct and edit out the materials has been very convinent through this method.

The branching mesh on its own.

One of the trees I did up over the weekends, I mostly let the lighting, materials and overall scene composition carry it.

The first tree I attempted to do up as a freelance for another group! This one has 9945 tris, I understand I can further reduce this but I wanted to see what I could make in limited time.

Other then the trees I did another variation on the forest ground Material I've had in place and simply exported out another bitmap variant for more pebbles.

Following the same one I had before, the nodes below I mostly pushed up values in the tile samplers and edited rock shapes slightly.

I would have taken a longer break but I sort of felt restless and ended up with this for today.
  • Clarencezer
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Level02B & Level04 - Small Tweaks

May not be too visible so depending on your monitor I have somewhat increased the rock's brightness and scattered some more smaller rocks around mostly towards the ends.

Rocks scattered around the dip area of the skull.

The small rocks, for viewing purposes only.

According to requested changes I was told the character looked too dark so I tweaked all the Shaders for the character and added a light + sphere reflection capture for sequencer usage.

I've placed the light and sphere reflection capture near the character.

• littleclaude
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    littleclaude quad damage
    Well done on all the posts, its a great thread to look thorough. 

Can I see the final project?
  • Clarencezer
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Well done on all the posts, its a great thread to look thorough. 

Can I see the final project?

Hi sorry for the late reply, been pretty much occupied by my job at the moment. (That and recharging at home by melting my face off with video games)

I don't really have anything else to show past the last video I've made in this thread, the changes past it I could never really implement as thing towards the end of the project forced me to make changes that ultimately wasted 2 weeks of my time and the last update of the overall is still the Gold video in the previous page.

I'll most likely be pulling all my assets out of this project to recuperate under a new supposed project name instead to avoid being exploited and when I'm ready and in the mood to create a world again, thank you for checking in!

-c-