Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

WIP Character: Jordan

polycounter lvl 8
Offline / Send Message
Esuka polycounter lvl 8
Hello everyone, happy 2019! I was hoping to get a little feedback on a game character model that I've been working on. Please let me know if there are any other views you'd like me to take for better clarity. Thank you!

Replies

• carvuliero
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    carvuliero hero character
    So what is she car crash survivor, alcoholic, homeless person .Why does she have such bags under her eyes ?
    She is suppose to be cartoony/stylized right why don't you find what she stand for and push her shapes around while telling her story visually
    Her shirt make her arms thicker then her legs you should experiment with how to balance that or push it further
  • Esuka
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Esuka polycounter lvl 8
    Thanks for your reply. She's dealing with depression/anxiety, which leaves her constantly exhausted. I'd appreciate if you could clarify a bit about the feedback on the limbs. Do you feel like the arms are anatomically too thin? And I'm not sure about the legs. Are you saying they need to be longer to push a certain look? Thanks again.
  • carvuliero
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    carvuliero hero character
    Ok then maybe experiment with different stand something like second image 'collapsed skeleton ' or 3rd image knee forward hunched back to counter that ,shoulder down , just and idea .Shes in pain or indifferent ,depressed or what ever find a way to show that visually use cliches if you have to .Maybe try to define her in few words and then convert those words to shapes for example how will indifferent will look like if it was a shape

• Esuka
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Esuka polycounter lvl 8
    Oh, ok I see what you're getting at. Thank you for the feedback!