Home 2D Art Showcase & Critiques

Any tips on how to blend photo into image??

I think this is my main "weakness" , if you will, and it's part of my personal aesthetic i will have to let go to get into industry.

But anyways any suggestions, tutorials, guides, or tips to better blend photo into a painting??

Thanks and much appreciated.

Replies

• BrandonFleuryDesign
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    also apologies if this is the wrong part of forum to post this question
  • Harley94
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Harley94 polycounter lvl 2
    Blending photos to make them look like a natural part of your work is almost an art unto itself. Personally, I try to only use blending modes that only add specific value ranges from a photo (e.g. Darken and Lighten). This helps bring forward some of the subtleties I want from the photo without copying too much of it. I also try painting at least a little over the pasted photographs to make them blend in to the rest of the illustration. I hope this helps!
  • BrandonFleuryDesign
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    holy crap! your art is amazing !! and thanks tons , i'll give blending modes a shot, and by paint over you mean similar values over the original??? for example green leave photo, means to paint over with the same values to make it look painted. At least that's what i'm thinking of.
  • Harley94
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Harley94 polycounter lvl 2
    holy crap! your art is amazing !! and thanks tons , i'll give blending modes a shot, and by paint over you mean similar values over the original??? for example green leave photo, means to paint over with the same values to make it look painted. At least that's what i'm thinking of.
    Thank you! Painting over some values is exactly what I am talking about. Give it a try.