Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Sea Guardian WIP

polycounter lvl 5
Offline / Send Message
Pinned
panicpancho polycounter lvl 5
Hey everyone! Happy new year I have been working on a Sea creature and would love to know your opinion and feedback. This is the high poly version so far.

Replies

• apollo580
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    apollo580 polycounter lvl 9
    Wow! I love how you did the details for the scales. Did you use the noise makers for that or did you sculpt it in by hand?
  • panicpancho
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    apollo580 said:
    Wow! I love how you did the details for the scales. Did you use the noise makers for that or did you sculpt it in by hand?
    Thank you! I sculpted them using an alpha :) I also used  clay brushes on some parts. 
  • Esuka
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Esuka polycounter lvl 8
    I like how it came together in the second image. There's a lot of excellent work in here, great surfaces. The main thing I would look out for is your primary details getting muddied by your surface details. There are a couple places on the tentacles where the sculpted alpha are a little unevenly applied, and it makes the segmenting of the tentacle harder to read. There's a similar spot up on the head. I like the work on the suckers, but the surrounding surfaces are a little bare compared to the rest. Are you planning to paint this or add materials? Either of those things will add some interest.

Hope this is helpful, and best of luck!
  • panicpancho
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Esuka said:
    I like how it came together in the second image. There's a lot of excellent work in here, great surfaces. The main thing I would look out for is your primary details getting muddied by your surface details. There are a couple places on the tentacles where the sculpted alpha are a little unevenly applied, and it makes the segmenting of the tentacle harder to read. There's a similar spot up on the head. I like the work on the suckers, but the surrounding surfaces are a little bare compared to the rest. Are you planning to paint this or add materials? Either of those things will add some interest.

Hope this is helpful, and best of luck!
    Thank you so much for your feedback! And you are absolutely right :) I will try to fix some of those details so that the segments look better, and I'm planning on adding some materials to the sculpt, specially to help differentiate the scales from the head and the areas where the suckers are, I also want to do a low poly version of it and texture it better. Thank you so much and it helps a lot! I will do another update in the next few days :)
  • panicpancho
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    New Update on the now called Octophant! I have finished the retopology and now I'm working on the textures where I will try to break the symmetry of the model. I will use this guy on an environment I have been working on and this is the result so far:
  • panicpancho
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    So..huge mistake I've posted the model with 1k textures. Here are the screenshots of the model with 2k. Sorry!