Home Marmoset

Sky Causing Light Leaks

I cannot figure out how to fix the light leak in my model without turning off the sky completely.  I've tried turning off backface culling, turning GI off, changing the voxel fit.  I'm at a loss on how to use the sky without it causing lighting issues.

Thanks!

Sky On - Light leaks from the ceiling

Sky Off - No light leaks

Replies

• EarthQuake
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    This is an unfortunate limitation of the voxel GI system. The gist of the problem is that with larger scenes, the voxel resolution gets stretched and some area may end up at sub-voxel points which can cause light leaks.

A few things to try:

• Change Voxel Resolution to high, if your computer can't handle this setting at high, you can use the rocket ship icon to toggle Speedy Mode on and off, which turns off various high end rendering features to make it easier to work in the viewport.
    • Adjust the Voxel Fit setting. I know you mentioned you tried this but there are a few extra things you can do. If you go to your camera and turn off Orbit Style, this will give you a FPS camera. Then, you can adjust the Orbit Distance setting to try and optimize Voxel Fit. Orbit Distance determines the center point of the voxel area so if you've got a larger scene it can be helpful to dial in a specific point, and tweak Voxel Fit accordingly
    • If this is a fully enclosed scene, it may be best to have the sky off, as the sky wouldn't contribute to the lighting in this case.