Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

M4A1 Carbine - 3DsMax, Substance Painter, Marmoset

Necromonza
node
Modeled in 3DsMax, baked using highpoly to lowpoly in substance, shaded in Substance Painter, and rendered in Marmoset Toolbag 3.
Please let me know what you think.

Artstation: artstation.com/tylerschutte

Replies

• Zi0
    Offline / Send Message
    Zi0 polycounter
    The lack of a rear sight looks weird, was there a reason for not including it? The textures could use some more character as well, the gun could use some wear and tear.
  • Necromonza
    Good day,

The reason for not including any rear sites is because I'm going to use this model as a base model to create variants from. Also the reason for the minimal ware and tear, future models with different sites, attachments, etc will have more ware and tear.
  • Cglewis
    Offline / Send Message
    Cglewis polycounter lvl 12
    great start! The first thing that jumps out at me is your poly count there is a ton of details that are modeled in that can be taken care of in the normal map.....the heat shroud, magazine and the butt of the gun are the ones that could use some heavy pruning 

also the space between the heat shroud and receiver looks a bit big and then the rear of the receiver where it meets the collapsible stock looks off....but since there are tons of permutations of this weapon it is hard to tell for sure unless you shared the images you used to create it