Home Animation Showcase & Critiques

Deadpool Movement set In-Engine

polycounter lvl 5
Offline / Send Message
Tigerparrot polycounter lvl 5
Hey everyone, Happy New Year!

I'm currently working on a movement set for Deadpool in UE4. My objective is to add this to my portfolio to show I can animate a complete locomotion set (all movement directions) and a simple attack chain, as well as implement them in engine.

https://syncsketch.com/sketch/d41240b3d177/ 

I'd like feedback both on the animations themselves and the in engine implementation. In particular, advice on how to smoothly transition between forward movement animations and backwards movement animations.

In addition, I'm using Deadpool here... for my first pass it's really just the moveset along with the attacks and an intro unsheathing animation. It feels like a crime to animate Deadpool without including some sort of Deadpool-y humor or action (keeping in mind I don't have access to dialogue). Right now it seems like my best bet is to spice up the intro animation. Thoughts?

Replies

• Navigator
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Navigator polycounter lvl 6
    The animations arent that bad. The transitions have some very minor hitches. I assume that from what you have shown that your animation Bp is setup and you are using a "Speed" variable?  
  • _adamturnbull
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I agree the animations arent too bad. They could definitely be pushed a lot more in terms of stronger posing and by adding more personality into them as they feel a little safe right now. Transitions from runs to idles are a great place to showcase personality as it doesn't really matter how long they take giving you time to show off a flourish or character moment.

There also seems to be too much back and forward movement on the Z axis when he runs and it feels a little awkward. Maybe dampen that a little.