Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

trying to get a job or atleast be an intern or trainee as a 3D artist

mohdmistry
polycounter lvl 2
Offline / Send Message
Pinned
mohdmistry polycounter lvl 2
hey there everyone!
i've been 3D art for quite some time now. and i wanna get a job as a 3D modeler/ digital sculptor..... 
i would like to hear everyones opinion, if im good enough to be a full-time 3D artist..... comment or critique as you see fit guys!

oh! and also if anyone knows of any studio wanting a 3D modeler, please help me out! :) or even if one of you people are in the field professionally and want to hire a 3D artist... I'm all open for work people! :)  

check out my work at https://mohdmistry.artstation.com/

and here are only a few of my work

Replies

• Alex_J
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Alex_J grand marshal polycounter
    I can't say much about your actual models . They seem good to me, but not as good as some of the best artist out there. And that is the goal. I think you just need to set your sights higher and keep at it. Seems like you got the observation -- just need to keep pushing each model a bit further. I doubt the top artist are more clever than you. Most likely they have just exercised more perseverance and are just willing to push their work further and further until there is no question about whther or not it iss good enough. 

As a useful exercise to help challenge yourself, I would recommend trying a completely different art style. I've heard some experienced professional artist recommend that you work from realism in the beginning as all stylizations are derived from realism. They say if you start by working in some stylized flavor, you'll get kind of stuck there and have trouble growing as an artist. So maybe taking on a photorealistic human character could help your ability to really start seeing those little differences that can separate the great art from the good. Any time you challenge yourself -- like a real challenge that forces you to truly adapt and reinvent the way you do things -- you are going to grow and gain something positive.

Good luck!