Home Quixel Megascans

Answered: What is Quixel Suite and Mixer?

Lemenus
polycounter lvl 5
Offline / Send Message
Lemenus polycounter lvl 5
I'm apologize in advance for such a noobish question, but i have to start somehow, right?
So, what's the difference between Suite and Mixer? Both are plugins for Photoshop, both doing texture painting, but what’s the difference? Official site doesn’t have any info about Suite, but Quixel shop have it. Is Mixer a modern version of Suite?

Replies

• Synaesthesia
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Synaesthesia polycounter
    The Suite is a Photoshop plugin that we're going to discontinue shortly. The Mixer is a stand-alone tool in active development that allows you to create almost anything out of scan-based materials. The Mixer is evolving to replace the Suite but it's going to take a bit of time before it gets to that point.
  • feloxy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    feloxy polycounter lvl 6
    The Suite is a Photoshop plugin that we're going to discontinue shortly. The Mixer is a stand-alone tool in active development that allows you to create almost anything out of scan-based materials. The Mixer is evolving to replace the Suite but it's going to take a bit of time before it gets to that point.
    Hello,

Since Mixer is replacing the Suite, how is licensing from Suite going to be affected or transitioned over? I have a license for Suite 2, what are my options?

Thanks,
    Vincent 
  • Synaesthesia
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Synaesthesia polycounter
    I can't comment on that yet as no plans have been made ready for public discussion, but at some point in the near future we'll see!