Home Quixel Megascans

Answered: Can't import a mesh of any kind.

Jack03
polycounter lvl 5
Offline / Send Message
Jack03 polycounter lvl 5
I tested with Modo, Maya , Max, all the different years of FBX.... Obj and  re-installed. three times now.   at a loss here. My meshes throw errors.

which is a issue I seen others have before, but  everything people recommended or worked for them did not fix the issue.

This is the error I get

https://support.quixel.se/hc/en-us/articles/207438965-SUITE-crash-Error-importing-file-FBX-Tokenize-offset-0x34-

but as I said  changing FBX years, does nothing. installing it again, and un-installing, does nothing. 

any help would be great.

Using 2.3.2  Suite 2.   Windows 10... CS6.

Replies

• Synaesthesia
    Offline / Send Message
    Synaesthesia polycounter
    You're getting an FBX tokenize error with an OBJ file? That's quite strange. Try reinstalling to a new directory after uninstalling the previous one and see if this persists.
  • Jack03
    Offline / Send Message
    Jack03 polycounter lvl 5
    Yes I did this to begin with.  I also sent you guys a ticket in, and your guys sent me the same link I SAID didn't work...your team really needs to read emails.. anyways same issue happens...I now re-installed 4 more times...new directory..same issue.... I tried every year FBX that will it accept and they all give me that error...I tried a CUBE, even...same thing. 

and OBJ gives me a different error....  OUT OF index error. 
  • Synaesthesia
    Offline / Send Message
    Synaesthesia polycounter
    What happens if you run PS as an admin once, close it, and try again?
  • Jack03
    Offline / Send Message
    Jack03 polycounter lvl 5
    What happens if you run PS as an admin once, close it, and try again?
    same issue. I knew about that, I been using your tool since the first one.. never had this issue... forced to use Substance Painter to complete a client job.. at a total loss here.
  • Synaesthesia
    Offline / Send Message
    Synaesthesia polycounter
    I understand, and I apologize that you're forced to use another toolset than the one you anticipated. Unfortunately that may be the reality going forward as it appears we're dropping support for the Suite. Too many changes have been made in Photoshop for it to function correctly anymore with the latest release. I know you're using CS6, so the only other option I can suggest to you would be to try using PS 2014 to see if that fixes this.
  • Jack03
    Offline / Send Message
    Jack03 polycounter lvl 5
    I understand, and I apologize that you're forced to use another toolset than the one you anticipated. Unfortunately that may be the reality going forward as it appears we're dropping support for the Suite. Too many changes have been made in Photoshop for it to function correctly anymore with the latest release. I know you're using CS6, so the only other option I can suggest to you would be to try using PS 2014 to see if that fixes this.
    to Painter...   not happy if your dropping support, you shouldn't be selling it anymore and be sure to SAY hey , we aren't supporting PS at all, unless you Sub to CC... 

This will hurt many developers, because I refuse to SUB to anything, which is why Maya 2016 is my last version..These companies want to use Subs...and its not always a good option for many users..as we end up paying more...and  developers who left AAA or larger companies, some of us anyways like to BUY our software...  main reason I went to Modo and bought FULL .

anyways, I  seen a old post, someone changed 8 bit to 16 bit... and it worked . so far.  OBJ and FBX. 

If I where you guys, why not leave a CS6 version atleast, and have it as a old download..for people who bought your suite??? This way we still have it?  Just saying.. if you didn't update it and it works, I think we would be ok with it... as a long time user of your products....This makes me not want  to use Mega scans even for our next game... we scan a lot our selves, but this makes me not trust your software if your forcing us out.. this way. I understand about  keeping up with updates..but again like I said why not have a working version of other versions for people instead of bailing on us?? 

Just saying...we are in the middle of development on a few games as well in our indie company and to be forced out, is not a good time..  I already know Designer well...but  if this keeps up, your going to force people like me to NOT trust your products again. I understand things change in this field... but atleast leave us with a working version..///  somewhere. 

I hope you consider this for your customers who have supported you all these years.. 

Regards

also I also understand you need to make money so maybe offer a CS6 or older version some where with fixes.. or offer a paid update that works 100% with low to no support.  again I know many, people who won't use CC in the industry.... Other wise yes you will force people to NOT want to use any of your products again, I know many who are mad at Mega scans even.. due to some of your policies with mixer vs Substance.. which I know you changed which is good, but you still already upset them.. just saying, this will make it worse if you continue these chooses.  we understand you need to make money, well make updates and charge as Substance does.  I would have no issues with it..for a quality product.. and I know many others wouldn't care either. anyways, I hope my feed back, helps if not. I wish you guys all the best.  
  • Synaesthesia
    Offline / Send Message
    Synaesthesia polycounter
    The current version of the Suite should function as-normal for everyone using PS CS4 64-bit to 2018. Anything beyond that is unsupported, and the software will be discontinued at some point in the very near future. I can't speak regarding plans for it yet but we're basically transitioning everything we do over to our Megascans ecosystem, which means Mixer is evolving to be a replacement for NDO and DDO.

Thanks for the feedback, and I really am sorry it's ending up like this. I ran development of the tool for a couple of years but in the end it's simply a case of Adobe leaving us behind in terms of what we'd like to do vs what Photoshop is going to do.