Home Quixel Megascans

Issues Importing into 3DS Max 2019 and Maya 2018

Hello all. 

Please forgive my lack of knowledge, I am a system administrator for an organisation and am not particularly versed in Creative programs. 

I am trying to deploy the Quixel Package and have tried a number of different ways. Ideally I want the Quixel Library to be read from a network drive. I have two issues so far. 

I have deployed the Library to a mapped drive, Quixel bridge recognises the directory and is able to download the library with no issues (After restarting Bridge). I go to Export one of the downloaded textures. I select 3DS Max for the application and copy the resultant script into 3DS Max. The script is executed and I get the Megascans toolbar. I import with the V Ray option. Click Export on Bridge and the Export is successful. 

However when I go to 3DS MAX I get the following Script error. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------
"Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "W:\Megascans Repository\support\plugins\max\3.11\MSLiveLink\MS_API.py", line 345, in leaveEvent
    self.savePrefs()
  File "W:\Megascans Repository\support\plugins\max\3.11\MSLiveLink\MS_API.py", line 363, in savePrefs
    with open(os.path.join(self._path_, "Settings.json"), 'w') as outfile:
IOError: [Errno 13] Permission denied: 'W:/Megascans Repository/support/plugins/max/3.11/MSLiveLink\\Settings.json'
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "W:\Megascans Repository\support\plugins\max\3.11\MSLiveLink\MS_API.py", line 345, in leaveEvent
    self.savePrefs()
  File "W:\Megascans Repository\support\plugins\max\3.11\MSLiveLink\MS_API.py", line 363, in savePrefs
IOError: [Errno 13] Permission denied: 'W:/Megascans Repository/support/plugins/max/3.11/MSLiveLink\\Settings.json'
    self.savePrefs()
-- MAXScript ExecuteMAXScriptScript Exception:
-- Type error: Call needs function or class, got: undefined
-- MAXScript callstack:
-- thread data: threadID:9368
-- ------------------------------------------------------
-- [stack level: 0]
-- In top-level
  File "W:\Megascans Repository\support\plugins\max\3.11\MSLiveLink\MS_API.py", line 154, in InitializeImporter
    self.initAssetImport()
  File "W:/Megascans Repository/support/plugins/max/3.11/MSLiveLink\MS_Importer.py", line 177, in initAssetImport
    MaxPlus.Core.EvalMAXScript(render_setup)
  File "C:\Program Files\Autodesk\3ds Max 2019\MaxPlus.py", line 37184, in EvalMAXScript
    return _MaxPlus.Core_EvalMAXScript(*args)
RuntimeError: MAXScript evaluation failed
    self.savePrefs()
IOError: [Errno 13] Permission denied: 'W:/Megascans Repository/support/plugins/max/3.11/MSLiveLink\\Settings.json'"

---------------------------------------------------------------

My best guess is that there are two errors here. It appears 3DS MAX Requires more permissions to read from the network drive, I already have Read access. Do I need Write and/or Modify?

In Maya I get similar errors with permissions. 

So I tried to the same thing, but instead of reading the library from a network drive, I tried from a local drive which I have full control of. This is the resultant error in 3DS Max 2019. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------

-- MAXScript ExecuteMAXScriptScript Exception:
-- Type error: Call needs function or class, got: undefined
-- MAXScript callstack:
-- thread data: threadID:6472
-- ------------------------------------------------------
-- [stack level: 0]
-- In top-level
>>> Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "C:\Megascans Repository\support\plugins\max\3.11\MSLiveLink\MS_API.py", line 154, in InitializeImporter
    self.initAssetImport()
  File "C:/Megascans Repository/support/plugins/max/3.11/MSLiveLink\MS_Importer.py", line 177, in initAssetImport
    MaxPlus.Core.EvalMAXScript(render_setup)
  File "C:\Program Files\Autodesk\3ds Max 2019\MaxPlus.py", line 37184, in EvalMAXScript
    return _MaxPlus.Core_EvalMAXScript(*args)
RuntimeError: MAXScript evaluation failed

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

In Maya loading from the local drive I get no error and it loads correctly. 

Thanks for looking, any help would be appreciated! 

Replies