Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Heroes of Might & Magic 3 - Inferno Town

node
Offline / Send Message
vrob3l node
Hi guys, I wanted to share an Inferno Town vis animation I made to test Lumion some time ago.
Models done in AutoCAD 3D, just before I started learning Max.
Of course it is nothing good compared to scenes I have seen on this site, but still as a newbie I am pretty happy about it.

Anyway please take a look.
I had comments it is very fast and 'spinny' but I wanted to show a lot and keep it in decent timing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m71AYelFveM

Replies

• Brian "Panda" Choi
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Brian "Panda" Choi high dynamic range
    What do you feel like you specifically need to be better about with your next scene?
  • vrob3l
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    vrob3l node
    First of all it was made in Lumion, therefore lots of stuff was generic, all I made was simple models for buildings.
    Lumion provided materials, terrain generators, sky, water, lights, misc objects, and of course I used to render animation.
    Probably monkey would be able to do animation in Lumion. BUT everything took me around a week, so not bad.

Back when I made it, I knew very little about 3D, as I said I made simple models in CAD and I did not even know about existence of maps.
    However now as I look at it, the lack of any AO just hurts my eyes.

Maybe I would lower emissivness, but I think this is just the matter of taste.

If I was to do it again, I wouldn't do much about the terrain really.
    I would definitely do some fixings (as one of my buildings is floating) spend more time with it.
    Add some more decorations to make things more busy and less repetitive.

All in all it is very cartonish, buildings lack variations, they are simple, they need texture details, proper bumps, imperfections, scratches, stains, dust, all those that make models more realistic.

And specifically I need to do it in Unreal.