Home Technical Talk

Maya: Game-Character + Rigging + NCloth

polycounter lvl 5
Offline / Send Message
goekbenjamin polycounter lvl 5
Is it possible to rig a character with a jacket, and the lower jacket is "nCloth"-ed?
So that the animation itselfe drives the lower part of the jacket too?
i hope you all understand my question :)

I saw that some parts of gamecharacters has some "dynamic" stuff, like a stick with a cord, where the cord was "moved/animated" by the engine itselfe

Replies

• Blond
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Blond polycounter lvl 9
    As far as I know, Ncloth isnt compatible with any game engine (it's also very resource heavy and there are way better physics engine built-in  and optimized for games in Unity/UE4).

You could always making some sort of NCloth rig that bakes animations/deformation to bones but that would require some tech art knowledge that I don't have.

The simplest way would be to use the built-in dynamics bones systems that are available in most game engines...
  • goekbenjamin
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    goekbenjamin polycounter lvl 5
    Blond said:
    As far as I know, Ncloth isnt compatible with any game engine (it's also very resource heavy and there are way better physics engine built-in  and optimized for games in Unity/UE4).

You could always making some sort of NCloth rig that bakes animations/deformation to bones but that would require some tech art knowledge that I don't have.

The simplest way would be to use the built-in dynamics bones systems that are available in most game engines...
    thanks alot for clearing things up!