Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

WW2 American Witch Broom - Finished

ngon master
Offline / Send Message
Taylor Brown ngon master
Finally finished up this project I've been working on over the past month.
Higher res renders can be found here - https://www.artstation.com/artwork/YaBVNV
Hope y'all dig it! 

model

Replies

• Alex_J
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Alex_J grand marshal polycounter
    When I read the title, I was secretly hoping it was literal. If it was just a codename for some AAA gun or something, I would have been a little disappointed. 

Besides this hilarious design, nice work on the execution.

One small nit pick though, for the air force logo, is there a reason you didn't go with :  but the wireframe star instead? Just curious, I haven't ever seen it like that before is why I ask.

• Popol
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Popol interpolator
    Ah, what a neat idea! There is room for improvement but the thing that sticks out the most is the wood texturing that looks almost cartoony compared to the rest and it really brings down the quality of the whole asset. Nice work nonetheless!
  • Taylor Brown
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Taylor Brown ngon master
    When I read the title, I was secretly hoping it was literal. If it was just a codename for some AAA gun or something, I would have been a little disappointed. 

Besides this hilarious design, nice work on the execution.

One small nit pick though, for the air force logo, is there a reason you didn't go with :  but the wireframe star instead? Just curious, I haven't ever seen it like that before is why I ask.

Haha glad it lived up to your expectations. That Air Force logo is part of the design, it's more "witchy". Make sure to check out the concept artist's portfolio, he has some neat stuff.
  • Taylor Brown
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Taylor Brown ngon master
    Popol said:
    Ah, what a neat idea! There is room for improvement but the thing that sticks out the most is the wood texturing that looks almost cartoony compared to the rest and it really brings down the quality of the whole asset. Nice work nonetheless!
    Thank you. Do you have recommendations for how it could have been improved?
  • Taylor Brown
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Taylor Brown ngon master
    Just realized I totally forgot to link to the original concept... Doh! 
    https://www.artstation.com/artwork/4WOaY