Home Unreal Engine

UE4 volumetric lightmaps and fog not working

Jsummers
node
Offline / Send Message
Jsummers node
Hello, I'm trying to achieve the fog effect coming from light sources as seen in this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4E58rSd2_ic but i cannot get the light to make the fog appear.

Using UE4 4.19.2, fog, light and lightmass settings below. If anyone could help it would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

Replies

• Obscura
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Obscura grand marshal polycounter
    Based on your images, which shows correct setting, I'm thinking that it may be a hardware or driver issue, so check that. I remember once seeing a guy whos videocard was simply incorrectly rendering the volumetric fog in unreal. It was flickering and completely disappearing sometimes. What type of videocard you use?
  • Jsummers
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jsummers node
    Thanks for a quick response, I have a GeForce GT 640, 2GB
  • Obscura
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Obscura grand marshal polycounter
    Then I think you can start worrying. The guy's card was a 760. Try updating to the newest graphics driver, but if that still won't fix it, its quite possible that your card is just too outdated for this. Its from 2013...

Edit - Ah wait its a GT?? Then I'm pretty sure that the problem is coming from the hardware.
  • Jsummers
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jsummers node
    I was starting to lose my sanity over looking up guides and tutorials to figure out what I was doing wrong, thanks for solving my problem I really appreciate it a lot!

• poopipe
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    poopipe grand marshal polycounter
    I suspect obscura is right but if that project was created in an earlier version it could knacker everything - I had really low resolution in my first tests of this stuff until I created a new project, at which point it all looked spectacular