Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Barbarian King game character

polycounter lvl 5
Offline / Send Message
marco_3D_artist polycounter lvl 5
Hi! Finally, I finished my personal work. This is a barbarian king based on a concept by Younghun Byun.
For making this project I used Zbrush, Maya and substances Painter, rendered in Marmoset 
Hope you guys like it and c&c are welcome!

Replies

• Ashervisalis
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ashervisalis grand marshal polycounter
    Killer work! No critiques here, looks amazing.
  • marco_3D_artist
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Killer work! No critiques here, looks amazing.
    Thanks so much!! I'm glad that you like it! :smiley:
  • ChrisFraser
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ChrisFraser polycounter lvl 5
    Amazing work!

The only thing that stands out to me a bit is that he has an awkward grip on the axe with his right hand. I'm not sure what it is, its like a loose grip or his thumb isn't bent like it should be or something. It just doesn't look like he's got a good hold of it. 

Other than that it looks awesome!
  • DanNC
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    DanNC node
    I agree with ChrisFraser. The axe feels like it lacks weight, and the hand/arm isn't really being pushed down by it. Not sure how difficult it would be to change the pose a bit, but it might help if his body was slightly affected by the weight of the weapon, even if he was "super strong" or something like that.

I like it otherwise! Great job. I'd love to see a close-up of the face.
  • marco_3D_artist
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    DanNC said:
    I agree with ChrisFraser. The axe feels like it lacks weight, and the hand/arm isn't really being pushed down by it. Not sure how difficult it would be to change the pose a bit, but it might help if his body was slightly affected by the weight of the weapon, even if he was "super strong" or something like that.

I like it otherwise! Great job. I'd love to see a close-up of the face.
    Thanks!! yes, I just notice now that I have to modify the pose because it seems the axe is slight! thank you so much for your suggestion!! this help me a lot for improve! :) 
  • marco_3D_artist
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Amazing work!

The only thing that stands out to me a bit is that he has an awkward grip on the axe with his right hand. I'm not sure what it is, its like a loose grip or his thumb isn't bent like it should be or something. It just doesn't look like he's got a good hold of it. 

Other than that it looks awesome!
    Thanks For your suggestion this is very helpful for improving my artwork! I'll modify the pose because now the axe it's to slight!