Home Marmoset

Picked up a 2nd GPU - How to set Marmoset to use it?

So I just got myself an early xmas gift a gtx 1070. I now have 2 they are exactly the same model, I have one running 2 monitors and the 2nd connected to nothing, no sli bridge no sli enabled just hanging out in my pc. I'm wondering if there is a way to set Marmoset Toolbag 3 to use a specific gpu, since I have 2 now I'm hoping to use one to run my monitors and have the 2nd for gpu compute tasks (not sure if that is the right term) like map and texture baking as well as rendering a la Blender Cycles. I've looked into the setting for TB3 but haven't found any setting for gpus. Is there a way to use my (slave) gpu in TB3?

Replies

• EarthQuake
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Unfortunately, there is no way to select a specific GPU or take advantage of multiple GPUs in Toolbag currently.
  • thomasp
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    thomasp hero character
    Yeah good luck with getting that 2nd GPU to do much apart from rendering in a few specific apps. The extra 'compute' board is not really supported widely from what I've seen (I have a cylinder Mac Pro that has dual GPUs as standard - not even apps targeted at that system seem to really take advantage).
    At the very least that extra board can be put to use for heating the work space. ;)

• jbro3D
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks EarthQuake I was just curious, thought maybe I overlooked a setting tab or something, thomasp as far as the 2nd gpu being useful, it's been great for rendering in Blender Cycles 2.79 and 2.8, other gpu renderers like Redshift and Octane to name a few take advantage of multiple gpus too. Definitely a speed boost there, not sure how it works with Eevee yet. Thanks for the quick response guys!