Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

zbrush character WIP looking for Critique

CelestialHavoc
polycounter lvl 3
Offline / Send Message
CelestialHavoc polycounter lvl 3
Hi!
This is my first proper project with Zbrush and our brief was to create a pirate character in dishonored style, I still need to amend some things here and there, and attach the head and hands to the body, but if anyone could give me some crique for what I have so far it would be very much appreciated! I am almost finished with the sculpt stage, so would want to change any major issues now before moving onto retoping :)

thank you for your time!

Replies

• aanselmo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    aanselmo polycounter lvl 2
    Good idea for a character but I guess you done to much without asking for feedback first. the anatomy looks weak in my opinion. On the face the forehead looks too flat and the area under the eyes too bulky. dishonored style is quite difficult in my opinion, it follows the realistic anatomy, but sometime exaggerate the size of the parts or some flat areas, but never too much. also I am not sure what is happening in the arms, is that cloth?

If I were you I would start but getting the anatomy and look on the head and body parts right, before going for the cloth
  • vavavoom
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    vavavoom polycounter lvl 11
    Nice idea with lots of interesting things going on, I would just echo what @aanselmo said, you gotta get that underlying basic anatomy down before adding things on top, else it will nearly always end up looking not quite right. At the moment she looks kind of zombified with all that lumpy anatomy going on.
    Hide the clothes and other things for now and post just the body sculpt, folks will be able to help you out more and get your character looking better this way.

• CelestialHavoc
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    CelestialHavoc polycounter lvl 3
    Thank you both for your comments! I tried to correct the bumpness on the arms and anatomy, and hopefully it ended up looking smoother :)